Reap the great nutritional benefits and seasonally pumpkin flavor of these simple and quick muffins created by Amy Layne of Damy Health Online. These fast muffins are great for the busy Thanksgiving season to either have on the go or on hand at your dinner!
With a low glycemic index, a good macronutrient balance and high protein content, these muffins will give you a nice boost of energy along with some notes of autumn!
• 1 Cup Oat Flour *see notes below
• 2 Scoops Natural Protein Powder (plain whey works great)
• 1 Cup Plain Pureed Pumpkin
• 2 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
• 6 Packets Stevia
• ½ Tsp Baking Soda
• ¼ Tsp Sea Salt
• 5 Egg Whites
• ½ Cup Water
• 1/3 Cup Plain Non Fat Greek Yogurt
• 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
Oat Flour Directions – To make oat flour simply take dry oatmeal and blend it until it is flour consistency.
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Mix all dry ingredients together. Then mix in all wet ingredients. Stir until smooth and blended.
3. Lightly spray muffin tin with oil (extra virgin olive oil).
4. Place batter evenly in muffin tins.
5. Bake for 30 minutes (check them at the 20 minute mark and keep an eye on them for the last 10 minutes).
6. Remove from the oven, gently remove them from the tin and place on a cooling rack. These are very moist and fragile until they cool.
7. Once they cool they are firm and yummy! Place in a sealed container.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Damy Health