Get the empowering surge of energy you need during the grey November weeks with these zesty cheese and vegetable quinoa bites from The Curvy Carrot.
The perfect appetizer or dinner side, these protein-packed bites can also easily stand in as a fast mid-day snack. Not only fun, fuss-free and fast, your kids will also love these too!
2 cups cooked quinoa
2 large eggs
3 carrots, shredded
1 and 1/2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
1 medium shallot, chopped
2 teaspoons garlic
4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated **Or, to your liking
2 tablespoons flour
Sea salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients together, mixing until thoroughly combined.
4. Using a melon baller or a tablespoon, place rounded drops of the mixture into each cup of the muffin pan, pressing each one down lightly with your fingers to make sure that each one is firmly packed.
5. Bake until lightly golden, about 15-20 minutes.
6. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of The Curvy Carrot