Get your post-workout on with this colourful quinoa salad from Lee Hersh of Fit Foodie Finds! Quinoa is ideal for after a workout because it gives your body a burst of high protein, fibre and low glycemic complex carbohydrates.
With two different proteins from the quinoa and black beans, this is salad is a great post-workout meal.
1. 1.5 Cups of Quinoa, dry
2. 3 Cups of water
3. 1 can of black beans
4. 1 can of sweet corn
5. 1 carton of plum tomatoes, sliced in fourths
6. 2 ripe avocados, cubed
7. 1.5T cilantro
8. lime, juice
9. 1t salt
10. 2t pepper
11. 2T extra virgin olive oil
12. 1/3C balsamic vinegar
1. 1. In a medium size sauce pan, bring 1.5 cups of quinoa and 3 cups of water to a rolling boil. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 10-15 minutes or until all of the water is absorbed.
2. 2. Place cooked quinoa in a container and set in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours or until it becomes room temperature.
3. 3. In a large bowl, mix together quinoa, black beans, sweet corn, tomatoes, and avocado. Then add spices, lime juice, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. Toss
4. 4. Serve as a side or even a meal!
Recipe and photo courtesy of Fit Foodie Finds