Nothing says back to school quite like crisp autumn apples.
Give your kids a sweet, healthy snack and capture the essence of fall with these fun baked apple chips from Dr. Axe! This simple recipe comes highly recommended by kids of all ages!
Total Time: 50 minutes
• 2 C unsweetened apple juice
• 1 Cinnamon Stick
• 2 large apples
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F
2. In a large pot, combine apple juice and the cinnamon stick and bring it to a boil.
3. Remove the top and bottom of the apple and slice cross wise to make thin chips.
4. Drop each apple slice into the boiling juice and boil for 4-5 minutes.
5. Remove chips from water and pat dry. Place on a baking sheet and then bake for 30-40 minutes. Sprinkle with cinnamon and serve.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Dr. Axe