Who knew tackling digestion and inflammation could be so fun and tasty?
Bananas are fantastic for digestion in that they support healthy bowel movements and avocadoes contain anti-inflammatory properties. To top it all off, this smoothie is loaded with folate and makes for the perfect prenatal food supplement.
For one smoothie you’ll need:
- 1 Medium Avocado, soft and peeled (halve portion for lowFODMAP)
- 1 Banana
- ½ Cup Natural yogurt (Greek, dairy-free or otherwise unsweetened)
- 1 Cup unsweetened almond milk/ soy milk/ rice milk or similar
- 1 tsp natural (organic) Vanilla extract
- 3 tsp Maple Syrup (or honey if you prefer)
- Ice Cubes or crushed ice
Simply pop it all in the blender and give it a good twirl! Enjoy 🙂
Recipe and photo courtesy of The Gluten-Free Lifesaver