- 1/2 butternut squash, roasted and diced
- 1 white potato, cubed
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bunch kale, roughly chopped (I used Tuscan or dinosaur kale but any kind will do)
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 3 tbsp minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1 parmesan rind *see notes* (omit for vegan soup)
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan (optional – omit for vegan soup)
1) Place olive oil in a soup pot over medium heat.
2) Add the carrot, onion and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are almost tender, about 8 – 10 minutes.
3) Add the garlic and cook another minute.
5) Add the squash and kale. Simmer about 5 minutes more.
6) Remove the Parmesan rind, season with salt and pepper to taste.
7) Use an immersion blender to blend the soup to a mostly smooth consistency.
*To serve, spoon into bowls and garnish with the remaining parsley and 1 tbsp shredded parmesan (omit for a vegan soup) if desired.
*Recipe and photos courtesy of Kristy of The Naked Kitchen